New Delhi: Actor-turned-politician from Uttar Pradesh Ravi Kishan on Monday raised the current most discussed issue of drugs in Bollywood Industry during the opening day of the 18-day monsoon session of Parliament.
Expressing concerned over the rise of drug trafficking and addiction, the BJP’s MP Kishan alleged that a conspiracy has been hatched by Pakistan and China to destroy the country’s youth.
Raising the issue during the zero hour in Lok Sabha, MP from Gorakhpur said that “Smuggling of drugs from Pakistan and China is done everywhere and it brought into the country via Punjab and Nepal.”
Kishan also praised the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) for its prompt probe on drugs cartel case linked to Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death.
Several people have been arrested; NCB is doing very good work. I urge the central government to take strict action, apprehend the culprits soon, give them befitting punishment and bring an end to conspiracy of neighbouring countries, said Kishan.
The NCB has already arrested actor Rhea Chakraborty and her brother Showik Chakraborty in an ongoing drugs case linked to Rajput’s death.
Rhea, who was the girlfriend of Rajput, is currently lodged at Byculla Jail in Mumbai, after she was accused of procured drugs for the late actor.
Several others closed to Rajput has been arrested on drug-related charges in the ongoing investigation by the NCB.
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry
- Assam Jobs: KGBV Baksa announces teacher vacancies. Details here