Guwahati: The Assam Cricket Association (ACA) stadium at Barshapara, popularly known as the Barshapara stadium, is all set to have its own exclusive gymnasium, especially for the cricketers of Assam.
The foundation stone for the exclusive gymnasium along with a reception hall, was laid in the premises of the ACA stadium at Barshapara on Monday.
Assam Cricket Association president Ramen Dutta along with vice-president Porikshit Dutta and ACA secretary Devajit Lon Saikia took part in the foundation stone laying ceremony on Monday.
“To overcome a long felt need of a sophisticated & state of the art gym for cricketers of Assam, foundation stone for an exclusive gymnasium & reception hall is laid today in the premise of ACA Stadium at Barshapara, Guwahati. The composite project of two storied 6,000 sq ft will be completed within 31st. January,2021…and it will benefit players of other games apart from cricketers,” Saikia wrote in his Facebook post.
The Assam Cricket Association stadium, situated in Barshapara, Guwahati, is the largest sports stadium in Northeast India and was India’s 49th international cricket venue under BCCI. The ACA stadium hosted its first international cricket match in 2017, when India played Australia in a home T20I series.
- Dabur withdraws gender-inclusive ‘Karwa Chauth’ Ad after controversy
- Assam: 20-year old nabbed after ‘girlfriend’s’ nudes go viral
- Japan’s Princess Mako and ‘commoner’ Kei Komuro tie the knot
- Mizoram revises sample test protocols
- Elderly couple found murdered in Guwahati home
- Has NASA discovered the first exoplanet outside Milky Way?