Kohima: A total of 19 new cases of COVID-19 has been detected in the state on Sunday taking the state’s tally to 5083. The new cases were declared as positive out of 563 samples received.
Nine armed force personnel from Dimapur, five persons through traced contacts from Dimapur, and returnees –two each from Dimapur and Mokokchung, and one from Kohima–tested positive.
As per the district-wise distribution, a total of 16 persons from Dimapur, two from Mokokchung and one from Kohima tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday.
Meanwhile, the state also reported 61 recovered cases of COVID-19. Among the COVID-19 patients who recovered, 24 are from Kohima, 23 are from Dimapur, 13 from Tuensang and one is from Wokha.
Also Read: Nagaland: COVID-19 positivity rate inched higher in a week’s time
The COVID-19 status as on Sunday is:
As per the severity of symptoms among the active cases, 1163 are asymptomatic, seven are mild symptomatic, and two are moderate symptomatic.
Besides the eight COVID-19 deaths, two are COVID-19 positive but not due to COVID-19, and another five deaths are under investigation.
Out of the total confirmed cases, 2386 are armed force personnel, 1404 are returnees, 976 are traced contacts, and 317 are frontline workers.
- Manipur: Army organises health camps in villages, relief camps
- Sikkim CM urges people to plant trees, not leave any land barren
- Nagaland: Angami bodies, students clean iconic Kisama heritage village
- Tripura State Rifles’ soldier kills self
- Manipur: Kuki students slam tribal body’s call to lift NH-2 blockade
- Assam: Environmentalists envisage ‘zero waste village’ near Chandubi lake