Shillong: Another COVID-19 related death was reported on Sunday, taking the total death toll in the state to 26.
According to Director of Health Services, Dr Aman Warr, a 70-year-old male patient was brought dead to Nazareth hospital on Sunday at 5:20 am. He is a resident of Wahthapbroo locality in Shillong. A Rapid Antigen Test was carried out, and he tested COVID-19 positive.
Meanwhile, the active case for the day once again crossed the century mark, with 109 new positive COVID-19 cases detected for Sunday.
The total active tally now stands at 1,623 out of which East Khasi Hills District continues to have the highest number of positive cases at 1048. West Garo Hills has 201, East Jaintia Hills 148, Ri-Bhoi 137, South Garo Hills 20, East Garo Hills 17, West Khasi Hills 14, West Jaintia Hills 13, North Garo Hills 12, South West Garo Hills 8 and South West Khasi Hills 5.
Dr Warr informed that 55 patients recovered on Sunday, taking the total recovered cases to 2,075.
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers
- Sheriff: Alec Baldwin fired prop gun on movie set, killing woman