Imphal: Manipur Congress leader Gaikhangam Gangmei has been re-inducted as the member of the Congress Working Committee (CWC). The decision was taken by the Indian National Congress (INC) president Sonia Gandhi.
The former deputy chief minister of Manipur, Gaikhangam, is among the 22 other party leaders to be inducted in a revamped CWC.
Soon after his re-appointment to the CWC, the Congress leader from Manipur took to Twitter and wrote, “I thank honourable Congress President Smt Sonia Gandhi for reposing faith in me. I would like to congratulate all the new appointees – General Secretaries, In-Charges and CWC Members. We will continue to dedicate our life towards the party and people.”
“I am delighted to share a moment of significant recognition of Gaikhangam, former Deputy Chief Minister of Manipur, as one of the tallest Congress leaders of India by re-inducting him as member of CWC by Hon’ble Congress President Sonia Gandhi ji,” Congress spokesperson Ningombam Bupenda Meitei wrote in his Twitter handle.
By his position in the CWC, the Congress President has deeply valued the aspirations of the people of Manipur, he added.
Earlier, former union minister Bhakta Charan Das was appointed as the new All India Congress Committee (AICC) in-charge of Manipur and Mizoram.
Das, who is the former president of Odisha Congress, replaced Gaurav Gogoi from Assam.
Also Read: Manipur: 28 Congress party members join BJP
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal