Guwahati: Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Kiren Rijiju reached Ladakh on Sunday, September 13, 2020, to launch the construction of sports infrastructure in the Union Territory.
Rijiju had some preliminary discussions with the local MP Jamyang Tsering Namgyal along with a few others regarding the construction of the sports infrastructure.
The Union Minister took to the social media site Twitter and confirmed the same. “ “Reached Ladakh to start construction of some important sports infrastructures. Had preliminary discussions with the Local MP Jamyang Tsering Namgyal, Chief Executive Councilor with his team of Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, Leh.”, Rijiju tweeted.
Rijiju went to Ladakh from Jammu and Kashmir, where he, along with Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh and Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha jointly laid the e-foundation stone for the Arun Jaitley Memorial Sports Complex, in Kathua district of Jammu on Saturday.
An official spokesperson of the Jammu and Kashmir government confirmed that the mega-sports complex will be spread over 270 kanals of land at Hiranagar in the Jammu region with an estimated cost of Rs 58.23 crore which is being undertaken under the Prime Minister’s Development Package (PMDP).
Earlier, the Union Sports Minister also launched the Fit India Youth Club last month on Independence day. This is an initiative to promote fitness across India and is a part of the Fit India Movement envisioned by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Islamic State claims mosque bombing in south Afghanistan
- Dravid ‘The Wall’ returns: Team India in best hands say fans
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 16
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 16
- Manipur woman found dead in Gurgaon under mysterious circumstances
- World Food Day 2021: History, significance & this year’s theme