Guwahati: Former India spin veteran Harbhajan Singh will be associated with the upcoming edition of the Indian Premier League(IPL) despite withdrawing his contract with the Chennai Super Kings for ‘personal reasons’ ahead of the tournament.
According to reports, Harbhajan has officially signed up with Star India as a commentator for the IPL 2020. The former India spinner will be a part of Star Sports’ Hindi Commentary team.
Star Sports has also planned a special show with Bhajji for the upcoming season of the cash-rich league. Although the details of the show has not been released by the channel yet, Harbhajan himself took to social media teasing his fans with a cryptic tweet about his upcoming project.
“Cricket aaj kal kaafi news mein hai, aur abhi abhi mujhe aisa kuch pata chala hai that will change the way you look at cricket forever! #CricketKaKhulalsa,”, the cricketer tweeted.
According to reports, Bhajji will be based in Mumbai for the first half of the IPL 2020 like most of the other Hindi Commentary team members of Star Sports. Star India has made quite elaborate arrangements for its huge 700 member crew involved with telecast of the IPL who will be working from Mumbai. Star India has created a bio-bubble for their Mumbai crew, similar to one created for the one’s in UAE.
The bio-bubble has been conceptualized by Star India and Walt Disney, along with a team of expert doctors.
Bhajji, will be a part of this bio-bubble for his role with Star India.
- Nearly 9,000 mobile phones worth Rs 7 crore looted from truck; case registered in UP
- 7 Manipur footballers make it to national team for Asian Cup 2022
- 31 candidates in fray for by-poll to 5 Assembly seats in Assam
- Meghalaya organisation writes to CM, urges action on fuel prices
- Russia’s daily Covid-19 death toll passes 1,000
- Man arrested for selling church property worth more than Rs 50 crore