Shillong: After one of the officials at Byrnihat Outpost in Ri-Bhoi District, Meghalaya tested positive for COVID-19, the police have now temporarily closed the outpost.
In a statement issued by the Assistant Inspector General of Police, GK Iangrai, he said that police officials of the outpost are under medical observation and official duties of the outpost are shifted to anti-infiltration check-post at Byrnihat.
Currently the Outpost is being disinfected as per protocols. “The general public residing within the jurisdiction of the Outpost are hereby requested to kindly approach Anti-Infiltration Checkpost, Byrnihat for any urgent requirement or assistance.” says the police statement.
Ri-Bhoi district has a total of 130 active COVID-19 cases out of which 46 are from the Armed Forces/Para Military Forces and 84 others.
- Two Rohingyas detained outside Army camp in Jammu
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader