Kohima: Nagaland police on Saturday recovered 260 kg of contraband ganja worth approximately Rs 15 lakh in Kohima. Two persons were arrested in this regard under the NDPS Act.
The DEF PRO Kohima police informed that around 3:00 am on Saturday, the highway patrol team of Kohima Police while on a routine patrolling along the NH-29 intercepted a truck.
On thorough search of the truck bearing the registration no UP-21CN-0657, 260 kg of contraband ganja worth approximately Rs 15 lakh was recovered.
The diver along with the other occupant were arrested for illegal transportation of contraband ganja. The arrested persons were identified as Md Sgalin (32), son of Rosil Ahmed, Vill/PO/PS- Hashanpur, Dist.-Amruha (UP) and Sophen (20), son of Yaku Ilai, Vill/PO/PS- Hashanpur, Dist.-Amruha (UP).
A case has been registered at Sechü (Zubza) PS for further investigation. The vehicle along with the seized contraband ganja were handed to the police station.
- India’s border policy changed for good after Modi became PM: Pema Khandu
- Arunachal CM Khandu lauds Indian Army at India-Tibet border
- India criticises China for new land border law
- Nagaland: Dobashis ask CM to constitute customary courts
- Pegasus snooping row: Press freedom important pillar of democracy, says SC
- Washington orders Chinese phone carrier out of US market