Kohima: Nagaland police on Saturday recovered 260 kg of contraband ganja worth approximately Rs 15 lakh in Kohima. Two persons were arrested in this regard under the NDPS Act.
The DEF PRO Kohima police informed that around 3:00 am on Saturday, the highway patrol team of Kohima Police while on a routine patrolling along the NH-29 intercepted a truck.
On thorough search of the truck bearing the registration no UP-21CN-0657, 260 kg of contraband ganja worth approximately Rs 15 lakh was recovered.
The diver along with the other occupant were arrested for illegal transportation of contraband ganja. The arrested persons were identified as Md Sgalin (32), son of Rosil Ahmed, Vill/PO/PS- Hashanpur, Dist.-Amruha (UP) and Sophen (20), son of Yaku Ilai, Vill/PO/PS- Hashanpur, Dist.-Amruha (UP).
A case has been registered at Sechü (Zubza) PS for further investigation. The vehicle along with the seized contraband ganja were handed to the police station.
- Assam: Panic in Sonitpur after Russell’s Viper kills teenager
- Hornbill Festival: Akashvani showcases vintage radio equipment
- Assam: Mahura Weaves opens showroom at Guwahati’s Roodraksh Mall
- Cong ignored spirit of anti-BJP alliance in state polls: Ex-Tripura CM
- Nagaland’s Keneilelie Sorünuo wins Silver in National Bodybuilding C’ship
- Digitised records from wildlife centres show how humans harm wild animals