Kohima: With another 118 persons testing positive for COVID-19 on Saturday, the total number of confirmed cases in the state has crossed the 5000 mark. The total number of COVID-19 positive cases in the state stands at 5064.
The new cases were declared as positive out of 609 samples that were tested. Among the new cases, 113 are from Dimapur, two each are Kohima and Peren, and one is from Mon.
The state also reported another 31 recovered cases on Saturday. With this the total number of recovered cases in the state nears the 4000-mark. The number of recovered cases in the state is currently at 3822.
Out of the new recovered cases, 25 are from Kohima, five are from Mon and one is from Phek. Taking to twitter, health minister S Pangnyu Phom informed about the latest COVID-19 status in the state.
“Update! 118 +ve cases of COVID-19 have been detected out of 609 samples received.
113 in Dimapur, 2 each in Kohima and Peren & 1 in Mon.
Also, State reports 31 recoveries of COVID-19 patients.
25 in Kohima, 5 in Mon & 1 in Phek”, Phom tweeted.
The current COVID-19 status in Nagaland is:
Besides the eight confirmed COVID-19 deaths, two deaths are COVID-19 positive but not due to COVID-19 and another five deaths are under investigation.
Out of the total confirmed cases, the armed force personnel comprises of 46%, returnees comprises of 28%, traced contacts comprises of 19% and frontline workers comprise of 6%.
- John Abraham announced as the brand ambassador for MotoGP India
- Nagaland: Paediatric Task Force set up to prepare for COVID-19 third wave
- Arunachal: Traffic wardens call for protest on August 9
- International Beer Day: Lesser-known Indian beers you should try!
- MP govt announces Rs 1 cr reward for Hockey players Vivek Sagar, Nilakanta Sharma
- Ready to cook and bake with beer? Here are some of our favourite recipes