Imphal: Senior Congress leader and former union minister Bhakta Charan Das has been appointed as the new All India Congress Committee (AICC) in-charge of Manipur and Mizoram.
The Congress leader from Odisha has also appointed as a permanent invitee to the highest decision making body Congress Working Committee (CWC) by the AICC general secretary KC Venugopal on Friday.
Das, who is the former president of Odisha Congress, replaced Gaurav Gogoi from Assam.
Also Read: Manipur: 28 Congress party members join BJP
Manipur Congress leader and CWC member Gaikhangam Gangmei said that “I congratulate Bhakta Charan Das for being appointed as Manipur in-charge and looking forward to work with him.”
And I thank Gaurav Gogoi for his service to the party in the state, he added.
“I humbly thank Hon. Congress President Smt. Sonia Gandhiji and Sh. @RahulGandhi ji and all the congress party workers for giving me the opportunity to serve the party. I will work relentlessly to strengthen @INCIndia under your dynamic leadership,” Das tweeted.
- Artificial intelligence threatens extinction, experts say in new warning
- Tiger protection in India also saved carbon emissions: Study
- Number of frauds rose in FY23, amount involved halved: RBI data
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh interacts with Indian diaspora in Nigeria
- Meghalaya: Month-long campaign held to observe ‘World No Tobacco Day’
- Mamata seeks Central permission to visit Manipur