India recorded the highest single-day spike in the number of COVID-19 cases on September 11. The new cases took the total tally of confirmed cases in the country beyond the 46 lakh-mark.
According to Ministry of Health, 97,570 new cases of COVID-19 were reported in single day taking the total tally of confirmed cases to 46,59,985. Number of deaths also crossed 1,201 in a single day taking the total death toll till now to 77,472.
Out of the 46 lakh confirmed cases of coronavirus in India 9,58,316 are active, 36,24,197 have recovered so far as India rallies just behind the US
The health ministry claimed that the COVID-19 management strategies have been focused on early detection through widespread, easy and aggressive testing.
The first case of coronavirus was detected in the US on January 21 while one January 30, the first case was detected in India. As of now, US accounts for the world’s highest number of coronavirus cases with 6,443,048 confirmed cases and 1.93 lakh deaths.
- CISF apologises to actor after she is asked to remove prosthetic limb at airport
- 2 of family killed in lightning strike in Bengal
- AASU stages protest against fuel price hike in Assam
- As virus cases rise, so do pleas for Russians to get vaccine
- Paytm gets Sebi nod for mega Rs 16,600-cr IPO
- Tripura civic polls announced, voting on November 25