Three constables of Uttar Pradesh police were suspended when two prisoners under their custody escaped from a COVID-19 hospital, said police.
Raju Yadav and Brijlal, both of whom were undertrial in a rape case, were admitted to a hospital in Koh after they tested positive for coronavirus on September 7.
On the morning of Thursday, both the prisoners escaped from the hospital by breaking the windows of the toilet. However, Brijlal was apprehended later that night.
“Police constables Ashish Kumar, Deepak Kumar and Vijaypal have been suspended prime facie for laxity in connection with the escape of two prisoners from Koh’s COVID-19 hospital,” said Superintendent of Police, Chitrakoot, Ankit Mittal while addressing the media persons.
Mittal also added that a letter has been written to Home Guard commandant to take action against Home Guard Jainarayan who was on duty that day.
- Dabur withdraws gender-inclusive ‘Karwa Chauth’ Ad after controversy
- Assam: 20-year old nabbed after ‘girlfriend’s’ nudes go viral
- Japan’s Princess Mako and ‘commoner’ Kei Komuro tie the knot
- Mizoram revises sample test protocols
- Elderly couple found murdered in Guwahati home
- Has NASA discovered the first exoplanet outside Milky Way?