ATK Mohun Bagan FC announces the signing of Spanish defender Jose Luis Espinosa Arroyo, fondly known as Tiri, for the 2020 season of the Hero Indian Super League (Hero ISL).
The Indian Super League confirmed the same in their official Twitter page on Saturday.
Tiri is a native of Los Barrios in Spain where he began his youth football career at the Andalusian club Cadiz CF, from where he moved to Athletico Madrid’s B team, before eventually arriving in India.
The 29-year-old Tiri, has spent five seasons in the Hero ISL starting with ATK in the 2015 and 2016 season, playing 24 matches for the Kolkata club.He was a key member of the ATK side that lifted their second Hero ISL trophy in 2016, after which he spent the last three seasons with the Jamshedpur FC. He made 48 appearances for the Jamshedpur FC.
The 29-year-old Spanish defender has made 606 clearances, 157 tackles, 117 interceptions and 76 blocks in the five seasons of the Indian Super League since 2015.
ATK head coach, Antonio Lopez is all set to fight for his third Hero ISL trophy, as he had bolstered his team’s defence with the likes of Carl McHugh being added to the team, in addition to the signing of the likes Jobby Justin and David Williams with the club.
- Arunachal Pradesh COVID-19 death toll rises to 274
- 28,326 new COVID infections recorded in India, total tally at 3,36,52,745
- Meghalaya: Two minor girls kidnapped, rescued from Assam
- Centre to soon announce new cooperative policy: Amit Shah
- CBIC makes Aadhaar authentication mandatory for claiming GST refund
- Assam govt seeks Centre’s help in popularising traditional weaves