As the global coronavirus pandemic worsens by the day, Indians are figuring out how best to deal with it. People are confined to their homes to avoid getting infected. There are safety protocols to be followed; while stepping out, and large public gatherings are strictly prohibited.
Amidst the tense situation, one of India’s most celebrated festivals is on its way – Durga Puja.
Since pandals are overly crowded, going to one during a time like this might be risky. In an effort to provide an alternative to that, a website called Shaktipeeth Digital is offering a virtual solution so that people can enjoy the festivities, without having to put in danger their and others’ lives.
Shaktipeeth Digital, on their Instagram page, said that they will be offering an online Coronavirus Relief Puja for people who are worried about their well-being during this time.
“Durga Saptashati Path is a powerful puja of Maa Durga that will help overcome trying times by giving you strength and relief. By evoking her blessings, Maa will protect her devotees from this pandemic. Let’s all pray to Maa Durga for health, wealth, and victory over negative influences (sic).”
Arranging a puja will cost approximately Rs 2,100, plus 18% GST, the website noted.
It claims that the devotee will get protection from Covid-19, economic stability, good health and long life for the entire family and protection from evil, removal of obstacles, and recovery if someone has developed coronavirus related ailments.
- Meghalaya by-polls: Independent Esron Marweiñ says farmers his top priority
- NEIPDA calls for 48-hr petrol pump closure in Guwahati
- Flood: Central team visits Assam to assess damages; state seeks funds
- Priyanka Gandhi stopped by UP police from going to Agra, taken to police lines
- Sikkim: Bagdogra-Gangtok helicopter service doubled as NH 10 cut off
- Aryan Khan moves Bombay HC for bail in cruise drugs case