A 70-year-old woman was beaten up and raped in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh by a man who was later arrested by the police.
The 25-year-old man entered the old woman’s house in the middle of night and raped her, said SHO Satyendra Rai of Haldi Police Station.
According to police, the man who works in a house nearby the victim’s residence, also abused the woman and beat her up when she resisted.
A case was registered against the accused on the basis of a police complaint lodged by the nephew of the victims and the man was later arrested, said SHO Rai.
The victim was later sent for medical examination and treatment, stated the police.
A few days ago, another 86-year-old woman was allegedly raped in south west Delhi;s Chhawla area, said police.
The accused is a 37-year-old plumber residing at Rewla Khanpur and has been arrested in connection with the incident.
The rape took place on September 7 when the 86-year-old woman was on her way to a nearby village. On her way, the accused offered a lift on his two-wheeler and took her to a secluded place and raped her, said a senior police official.
- Artificial intelligence threatens extinction, experts say in new warning
- Tiger protection in India also saved carbon emissions: Study
- Number of frauds rose in FY23, amount involved halved: RBI data
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh interacts with Indian diaspora in Nigeria
- Meghalaya: Month-long campaign held to observe ‘World No Tobacco Day’
- Mamata seeks Central permission to visit Manipur