A 70-year-old woman was beaten up and raped in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh by a man who was later arrested by the police.
The 25-year-old man entered the old woman’s house in the middle of night and raped her, said SHO Satyendra Rai of Haldi Police Station.
According to police, the man who works in a house nearby the victim’s residence, also abused the woman and beat her up when she resisted.
A case was registered against the accused on the basis of a police complaint lodged by the nephew of the victims and the man was later arrested, said SHO Rai.
The victim was later sent for medical examination and treatment, stated the police.
A few days ago, another 86-year-old woman was allegedly raped in south west Delhi;s Chhawla area, said police.
The accused is a 37-year-old plumber residing at Rewla Khanpur and has been arrested in connection with the incident.
The rape took place on September 7 when the 86-year-old woman was on her way to a nearby village. On her way, the accused offered a lift on his two-wheeler and took her to a secluded place and raped her, said a senior police official.
- Nagaland Assembly resolves to settle border issue with Assam outside Court
- How feasible is it to demarcate Assam-Mizoram border using space tech?
- John Abraham announced as the brand ambassador for MotoGP India
- Nagaland: Paediatric Task Force set up to prepare for COVID-19 third wave
- Arunachal: Traffic wardens call for protest on August 9
- International Beer Day: Lesser-known Indian beers you should try!