The Results of the second edition of Ranking of States on Support to Startup Ecosystems were released by Minister of Commerce & Industry and Railways Shri Piyush Goyal on Friday.
The key objective of the States’ Startup Ranking Exercise is to propel States and Union Territories to work proactively towards uplifting the startup ecosystem.
The States’ Startup Ranking Framework 2019 has 7 broad reform area, consisting of 30 action points ranging from Institutional Support, Easing Compliances, Relaxation in Public Procurement norms, Incubation support, Seed Funding Support, Venture Funding Support, and Awareness & Outreach.
Sikkim, Assam and Mizoram were ranked among the top states with Emerging Startup Ecosystems along with Andhra Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, and Madhya Pradesh.
Nagaland figured among the Aspiring leaders along with Haryana, Jharkhand, Punjab, Telangana and Uttrakhand.
Karnataka and Kerala were the top performers.
A total of 22 States and 3 Union Territories participated in the exercise. Evaluation Committees comprising independent experts carried out a detailed assessment of responses across various parameters. Many parameters involved getting feedback from beneficiaries which was gathered through more than 60,000 calls made in 11 different languages to empathetically connect with beneficiaries to ascertain the real situation at the implementation levels.
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali