Kohima: Nagaland records a single-day highest spike in the number of COVID-19 cases as 310 new COVID-19 cases have been detected in the state on Friday. With this, the state’s tally for confirmed cases nears the 5000 mark.
The new cases were declared as positive for COVID-19 out of 922 samples that were tested. Among the new cases that were tested as positive for COVID-19, 176 are from Dimapur, 127 are from Kohima, three are from Zunheboto and one each is from Wokha, Peren, Mon & Mokokchung.
Taking to Twitter, minster of health and family welfare S Pangnyu Phom tweeted: “Update! 310 new +ve cases of COVID-19 have been detected out of 922 samples tested.
176 in Dimapur, 127 in Kohima, 3 in Zunheboto & 1 each in Wokha, Peren, Mon & Mokokchung.
Necessary contact tracing have been fully activated. Wear Mask, Keep Distance, Stay Safe”.
With the addition of the new cases, the current COVID-19 status in Nagaland is:
Besides the eight confirmed COVID-19 deaths, two deaths are COVID-19 positive but not due to COVID-19 and another five deaths are under investigation.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art