The bail plea filed by actor Rhea Chakraborty in connection with her arrest in a deugs case linked with the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput has been rejected by a court in Mumbai. She was arrested by Narcotics Control Bureau on Tuesday.
Rhea had filed a bail application on Wednesday before the sessions court in Mumbai after her earlier bail plea was rejected by the magistrate court.
She was arrested by Narcotics Control Bureau on charges of financing illicit traffic and harbouring offender under Section 27(A) of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
The fresh bail plea filed by Rhea’s lawyer Satish Maneshinde said the she has not committed any crime whatsoever and has been falsely implicated in the case.
“During her (NCB) custody, the applicant (Rhea) was coerced into making self-incriminating confessions. The actor has formally retracted all such incriminating confessions,” quoted national news agency PTI from the plea.
In Rhea’s bail plea. she also mentioned that her arrest is unwarranted and without any justification.
She was arrested by Narcotics Control Bureau after being grilled for three days in connection with the death case of Sushant Singh Rajput. Shortly after he arrest, she was sent to judicial custody at Byculla jail till September 22 by a local court in Mumbai.
- Empowering older workers amid an ageing workforce
- Assam Cong announces state-wide agitation from Oct 3 against power tariff hike
- Tripura HC stays Trial Court ruling against WhatsApp
- Is it normal to forget words while speaking? And when can it spell a problem?
- How to effectively manage methane emissions from Indian landfills
- Should people who are forced to cross borders due to climate change be recognised as refugees?