Aizawl: At least 20 people, including two infants, have tested positive for novel coronavirus in the last 24 hours, taking Mizoram Covid-19 caseload to 1,353, an official said.
Altogether 16 cases were reported from Aizawl district, three from Kolasib district and one from Lunglei district, the official said.
Two infants aged six and 10 months and a BSF jawan were among the newly infected persons, he said.
Of the 20 cases, 10 are locally transmitted while contact histories of six people are yet to be ascertained, the official said.
There are 603 active cases in the state while 750 people have already recovered from the virus. Two patients have migrated to Assam. According to health department, the recovery rate is 55.44 per cent.
Altogether, 46,638 samples have been tested till Thursday of which 2.91 per cent came out as positive for Covid-19, it said.
Aizawl district reported the highest cases at 887, followed by Kolasib district at 203.
- Tripura HC stays Trial Court ruling against WhatsApp
- Is it normal to forget words while speaking? And when can it spell a problem?
- How to effectively manage methane emissions from Indian landfills
- Should people who are forced to cross borders due to climate change be recognised as refugees?
- Megaherbivores could be a potential solution to manage invasive plants, finds study
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom