Aizawl: At least 20 people, including two infants, have tested positive for novel coronavirus in the last 24 hours, taking Mizoram Covid-19 caseload to 1,353, an official said.
Altogether 16 cases were reported from Aizawl district, three from Kolasib district and one from Lunglei district, the official said.
Two infants aged six and 10 months and a BSF jawan were among the newly infected persons, he said.
Of the 20 cases, 10 are locally transmitted while contact histories of six people are yet to be ascertained, the official said.
There are 603 active cases in the state while 750 people have already recovered from the virus. Two patients have migrated to Assam. According to health department, the recovery rate is 55.44 per cent.
Altogether, 46,638 samples have been tested till Thursday of which 2.91 per cent came out as positive for Covid-19, it said.
Aizawl district reported the highest cases at 887, followed by Kolasib district at 203.
- Gujarat: 8-year-old girl mauled to death by lions in Amreli
- Nagaland former minister Kihoto Hollohon breathes his last, CM condoles demise
- MS Dhoni becomes first in world cricket to captain in 300 T20 games
- India at the 2021 T20 World Cup: Matches, timings and venues
- Meghalaya: TUR files defamation case against FB page, its admin
- Former US President Bill Clinton recovering from infection in hospital