Imphal: Manipur minister Thongam Biswajit Singh has been reportedly tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday, the second minister in the state who diagnosed with the disease.
As per reliable sources, the sample of the minister was collected on September 9 and tested at VRDL of Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital in Imphal.
According to sources, the minister’s daughter and the family helper also infected with the virus, and they are put on home isolation.
There is no official statement from the minister’s office yet by the time of filing this report.
Earlier, social welfare minister Nemcha Kipgen had tested positive for the viral infection and later recovered from the disease.
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19
- Madras High Court stays certain sub-clauses of new IT Rules
- Virat Kohli will step down as T20 Captain after World Cup In Dubai