Guwahati: Two cadres of the NSCN K-NK were apprehended by the Army during a search operation at Baimho village in Zunheboto, Nagaland on Wednesday night.
In a press statement issued by Lt Col Harsh Wardhan Pande, PRO Defence, Tezpur said that during the exchange of fire, both the cadres were apprehended by the sleuths of the armed forces .
One of the apprehended was in critical condition and was immediately evacuated to district hospital by the police. However, the cadre succumbed to his injuries, it claimed.
“One 9mm pistol, 4 fired cartridge cases and 23 live rounds were recovered from the spot of the operation. Two local people were also picked up from the encounter spot and were later released to their parents in the presence of the police and Gaon Burhas,” the release added.
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here
- Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced to life
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 18