Imphal: In the last 24 hours, more COVID-19 succumbed to the disease, pushing the total death toll in Manipur to 44.
Three persons, including one female, from Imphal West and Imphal East districts, died on Thursday. The 74-year-old woman expired at the Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), two male patients, aged 46 and 68 years, died at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS), informed additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
One jawan of the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF), aged 42 years, succumbed to the virus at Churachandpur District Hospital, said Dr Mangang.
A total of 110 new COVID-19 cases were detected, including 26 security personnel of CAPF. The accumulative number of confirmed cases in the state stands at 7,470.
Among the 82 cases from the general population, only eight persons from Tamenglong (1), Jiribam (3), Ukhrul (1), Imphal East (1), Bishnupur (1) and Thoubal (1) are returnees from other states and remaining 74 locals do not have travel history.
Also, a total of 245 infected persons have recovered and discharged from CAPF and various COVID-19 care centres in the state.
The cumulative number of recovered cases is 5,793, and active cases stand at 1,633.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence