Shillong: Meghalaya on Wednesday recorded two COVID-19-related deaths taking the total deaths to 19.
According to director of Health Services Dr Aman Warr, a 58-year-old female patient was brought dead to Nazareth Hospital on September 8 evening and another 78-year-old female patient passed away on September 9. Dr Warr informed that both the patients had comorbidities.
Meanwhile, the state recorded 121 fresh positive COVID-19 cases taking the total number of active positive cases to 1,355.
There has been a good recovery in the state for the day with 107 have recovered on Wednesday with the number of recovered standing at 1,823.
Dr War added that from the 121 detected today 30 was detected from East Khasi Hills, Ri-Bhoi 2, South Garo Hills –4, West Garo Hills 25, West Khasi Hills 1 and East Jaintia Hills 59.
Out of the total 1,355 active cases, East Khasi Hills continues to record the highest number of COVID-19 cases with a total of 869, West Khasi Hills 31, South West Khasi Hills 1, Ri Bhoi 117, West Jaintia Hills 11, East Jaintia Hills 85, West Garo Hills 193, South West Garo Hills 5, South Garo Hills 20.
- IIT-Guwahati working on generating hydrogen from water using sunlight
- Incredible to have Bollywood, dance sequence in Marvel movie: Filmmaker Chloe Zhao
- Two NE women, auto driver injured resisting snatching bid in Delhi
- No shortage of power in country, says power minister R K Singh
- Past and present India cricketers back Shami after pacer faces online abuse
- Assam lockdown? CM Himanta allays fear, says Covid cases under control