In a shocking incident that took place in Jharkhand;s Godda district, a 36-year-old sadhvi was allegedly gang-raped at gunpoint inside an ashram.
The incident occurred at around 2 AM on 7th September when four armed men entered Mahila Satsang Ashram by jumping over the premise’s boundary wall and held all the residents as hostage. The men then took the victim to another room and raped her in turns.
The only male member of the ashram who was present on that fateful day said “Four armed men entered the ashram on Monday night. When I tried to stop them, they beat me and locked me up in a room. They also locked four other sadhvis in separate rooms. We also took the victim into our room. But, they dragged her out and locked me from outside.”
Till now, the prime accused of the case has been arrested while three others are still on the run. Superintendent of Police YS Ramesh while speaking to the media said that the incident is being probed at a fast pace and the other three accused would also be nabbed very soon.
While police is looking into the case and are on the lookout for the accused, locals have alleged that a land dispute may have triggered the incident.
- COVID in schools: How ventilation can help to combat spread of the virus
- Indo-Nepal joint military training exercise in Pithoragarh from Monday
- 2 Indian projects among 15 finalists for Prince William’s Earthshot Prize
- Gadkari gets Rs 4 lakh royalty per month from YouTube for lecture videos
- NIA arrests key conspirator in Manipur Rifles arms theft case
- Central govt very keen towards welfare of Kashmiri migrants: Sonowal