Shillong: The Joint Action Committee of North Eastern Hills University (NEHU) comprising of NEHUTA, NEHUNTSA and NEHUSU held a silent protest on Tuesday demanding that outgoing vice-chancellor Prof SK Srivastava’s term should not be extended.
According to the organisers, Professor Srivastava has performed poorly and has not done much for the university in his tenure as VC.
Maintaining the health protocols, the teaching association along with the non-teaching staff association held placards which read — ‘Down Down Autocracy Honour Ordinances’, ‘Leave on 23 September, 2020’, ‘No Extension To Non-Performer VC’
While speaking to chairman of Joint Action Committee, Prof Xavier Mao, he said that the VC has never called any meetings which is the University Code.
The university annual account, annual report, annual budget are to be approved but without calling a meeting he has been doing it illegally and even giving wrong information to Parliament.
“Another important body that is Board of Research Studies where the various research activities are to be coordinated and discussed. But this VC during his 5 years of tenure he has not called a single meeting and various other issues that he has violated,” he alleged
The organisations have reiterated that the VC should not seek a single day extension beyond his tenure that is 23 September, 2020.
Meanwhile, the vice-chancellor SK Srivastava could not be contacted despite several attempts.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity