Dimapur: A blast at a scrapyard around near UNB Colony, Burma Camp in Dimapur claimed two lives and left three injured. According to police sources, the blast got triggered when a worker was pounding a suspected vintage bomb with a hammer at 11:40 am on Tuesday. A 30-year-old man died on the spot, and a child succumbed to injuries at the hospital.
The Dimapur police later took it to Twitter to notify the incident, “A blast occurred at UNB colony, Burma Camp. Preliminary investigation reveals that an iron scrap worker was pounding a suspected vintage bomb with a hammer, when it went off. The accidental blast left one dead and four injured.”
The police sources also informed that the source from where the explosive was brought to the scrapyard is unknown. The bomb was rusted, and a large one added sources.
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion
- Watch: BTS live at the United Nations General Assembly