Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Rajasthan Royals’ star all-rounder, Ben Stokes is likely to miss the initial stage of the upcoming IPL 2020. The World Cup – winner, is currently in New Zealand after he left for Christchurch in between the Test series against Pakistan last month after his father was diagnosed with brain cancer.
Speaking to a leading media house, a source privy to developments in the Rajasthan Royals franchise said that Stokes had just completed his 14-day isolation period after reaching New Zealand as per the quarantine rules in New Zealand, and now he would obviously like to spend some quiet time with his father and family in this time of crisis.
The source further added that Stokes is likely to be unavailable for the first part of IPL. “It is only logical that if he has just completed his quarantine, he would not be available for the first part of the IPL and that is completely understandable.” He said. He also said that the franchise will not try to call Ben as this is not his priority at the moment.
The English southpaw had already missed the series against Pakistan after playing the first Test and he isn’t a part of the current England squad against Australia.
Ben Stokes has been bought for a whopping 12.5 crore by the Rajasthan Royals in this year’s IPL auction.
- Assam Govt to re-examine all TET teachers’ credentials
- This Squid Game themed café in UAE is driving fans nuts!
- Encounter between NSCN Unification and Niki Sumi groups; 1 dead
- Assam: Rounak Ali Hazarika to be grilled in disproportionate asset case
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 18