The schedule for Indian Premiere League 2020 has finally been announced after a long wait on Sunday. The BCCI released a media advisory on the official Twitter page of the Indian Premiere League confirming the same.
“The IPL Governing Council on Sunday announced the schedule for Dream11 Indian Premier League 2020 to be held in UAE”, the release stated.
Putting all the speculations to an end about whether or not the Chennai Super Kings will play the opening fixture, the release stated that that the season will start with a blockbuster clash between defending champions Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings on September 19 in Abu Dhabi.
Following the blocbuster opener on Saturday in Abu Dhabi, Dubai will host it’s first match on Sunday where Kings XI Punjab will take on the Delhi Capitals.
Finally on September 22, Thursday, Sharjah will have its first match for the season where Rajasthan Royals will host Chennai Super Kings.
A total of 24 matches will be held in Dubai, while 20 will be played in Abu Dhabi and 12 in Sharjah.
The 2020 season of the Indian Premiere League will see 10 double headers as confirmed by BCCI.
“There will be 10 double headers with the first match starting at 3:30PM IST and 2:00PM UAE time. All evening matches will start at 7:30PM IST and 6:00PM UAE time.”, the media release from BCCI read.
However, the venues for the finals are not yet decided and will be announced as the tournament progresses.
Check out the full Schedule here
- 11% of Covid cases that needed hospitalisations had lung scarring: US study
- How can failures in fighting corruption be overcome?
- India needs to be more open-minded about open jails, says researcher
- Walking backwards has a surprising number of health benefits
- IMF says it fully supports India’s G20 agenda
- US dubs Pak, China, Myanmar, 9 others as ‘countries of particular concern’