The Bollywood actor will be protected by a Personal Security Officer and 11 armed policemen which includes commandos

Mumbai: Government officials on Monday has stated that Kangana Ranaut will be given Y-Plus security. This came amid the repercussions over her comments which compared Mumbai to Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK).

If sources are to be believed, the Bollywood actor will be protected by a Personal Security Officer and 11 armed policemen which includes commandos. According to a leading news daily, the increase in security measures is because of the renewed threat to the actor as she spoke out about substance abuse of a larger section of the film fraternity.

Also Read: Role of underground groups likely in bank robbery case: Manipur CM

Ranawat thanking Union home minister Amit Shah wrote in Hindi on her Twitter account, “This proves that a patriot’s voice cannot be crushed by. I am grateful to Amit Shah, if he wanted, he could have advised me to go to Mumbai after a few days but he respected a daughter of India, protected her pride and self-respect. Jai Hind.”

This came after she sharply criticised the Mumbai Police probe of the Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case and had said that under the current Sena-led government she is fearful of living in Mumbai. The outspoken actor accused Sena leaders including Sanjay Raut of threatening her and even remarked, “why is Mumbai feeling like Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir.”

This comment by the actor brought in severe backlash from Shiv Sena whose leaders said that she should stay away from Mumbai. Her controversial statements escalated the situation and Sena members even demanded an apology from her. MLA Pratap Saranik even said that the actor should be arrested for sedition and added that if she comes back to Mumbai their “brave women will not leave without slapping her.”

Additionally, Anil Deshmukh Maharashtra Home Minister even said that she should “not return to Mumbai if she feels unsafe.” Even a Rajya Sabha member of the Sena, Sanjay Raut was caught on camera using a slur.

Also Read: World No. 1 Novak Djokovic disqualified from US Open 2020

This is also not the first time that the actor had faced severe backlash for her outspoken attitude and her clear stance in the entire Rajput death case. She has been at the fore of the “Justice for Sushant Singh Rajput” campaign and had also targeted various members of the film fraternity of alleged bullying of newcomers, lobbying, nepotism, and rivalries. She, however, dropped a d bombshell last week as she accused many prominent actors of drug use.

Leave a comment

Leave a comment