Imphal: As many as 184 new cases and one death due to coronavirus was reported in Manipur in the last 24 hours.
A 65-year-old man from Thoubal district who was undergoing treatment at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital succumbed to the virus and other co-morbid conditions, informed additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang. With this, the death toll in the state rises to 36.
Of the 184 new cases, 24 are personnel from the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) and 160 are from the general population.
According to Dr Mangang, only six from Noney district are returnees from other states, and the remaining 154 cases do not travel history. They are from Imphal West (98), Imphal East (12), Ukhrul (1), Bishnupur (3), Thoubal (19), Churachandpur (4), Tengnoupal (9), Tamenglong (1), Kangpokpi (7) and Senapati (1). All of them have shifted to COVID-19 care facilities for further treatment.
So far, Manipur has recorded a total number of confirmed cases to 6,883, including 1,677 security personnel. Seventy-six persons were discharged from CAPF and various COVID-19 care centres. The recovery rate for coronavirus is 72.27 per cent. As per the latest update, there are 1,872 active cases, and 4,975 patients have recovered.
- Omicron in Assam? Samples of 4 SMCH doctors sent for genome sequencing
- Money Heist: Part 5 – Vol 2- abysmal, morally bankrupt
- Nagaland firing: Mamata tells cops to watch BSF activities in Bengal
- Rohingya sue Facebook for USD 150B, alleging role in violence
- ‘House of Gucci’ review: cinematic extravaganza about iconic fashion house
- Omicron v. delta: Battle of coronavirus mutants is critical