Itanagar: In the latest development on Chinese PLA incident, Eastern Arunachal Pradesh MP Tapir Gao has confirmed the abduction of five Arunachalee youth by PLA from Indian territory.
“The ‘Sera 7’ area near the Indo – China border falls under Indian Territory and is around 40-50 km away from the McMahon line,” Gao said.
Gao said he spoke with the local MLA of Nacho assembly constituency in Upper Subansiri district regarding the issue on Saturday morning.
“The MLA told me that he is in talks with the Indian Army officials and would be providing details on the case. As of now they are working out strategies to bring our youths back home safely,” said Gao.
Five Arunachalee youths reportedly were abducted by Chinese PLA on 03 September.
Names of those five youths are Tanu Bakar, Prasat Ringling, Ngaru Diri, Dongtu Ebiya and Toch Singkam from Tagin Community.
- Here’s how India’s warming nights impact health
- Manipur: Lawyer, businessman file plea in SC against internet ban
- Meghalaya buying power worth Rs 3 crore every day: CM Sangma
- Pakistan may pull out of Asia Cup after SL, Afghan, Bangladesh reject ‘Hybrid Model’
- Odisha train crash: Assam man recalls co-traveler’s severed head on chest
- Meghalaya Cabinet to amend memo on roster system