Itanagar: Deputy chief minister Chowna Mein on Thursday virtually handed over the first Corona Warriors Insurance amount of Rs 50 lakh to the family of Sangpuia Tayo.
Tayo, a contingency driver attached with the Tezu Zonal Hospital, had lost his life in a road accident at Lathao on July 4 while on Covid-19 duty.
Handing over the insurance amount, the deputy chief minister paid his tribute to the corona warrior and assured to extend all possible assistance to his family.
Health Minister Alo Libang who also attended the virtual meeting applauded the COVID warriors of Lohit district for their efforts so far.
Libang said Arunachal’s recovery rate is the 2nd highest in the country and asked the people not to panic but remain alert and maintain all social distancing norms and SOPs.
The health minister also informed that this is the 1st corona warrior insurance in the entire northeast region that has been provided to the next of kin of a corona warrior.
Among others, Lohit deputy commissioner Prince Dhawan, medical officer Dr S Chai Pul attended the meeting.
Also Read: One Chinese and two Korean nationals staying in Sikkim without ILP since March
- India to unveil new Foreign Trade Policy 2023-28
- Former civil servants condemn Rijiju’s remarks on judiciary in open letter
- FSSAI allows labelling curd in regional names amid controversy
- Meghalaya: Asian leopard cat rescued by GHADC forest officials
- IOC asks IOA to appoint CEO without further delay
- Assam: Rabha Unions’ demand CBI probe into death of BSF constable