Kohima: In two separate cases, sleuths of Assam Rifles and Nagaland police, based on specific intelligence regarding illegal activities launched operations and seized illegal liqour in Dimapur.
In one case, the security forces seized IMFL in general area 4th Mile, Dimapur on Wednesday where a 24-year-old Atoka Sumi, a resident of 4th Mile in Dimapur District was apprehended.
The forces recovered cases of liquor, worth Rs 1.05 lakh (approx) in open market, and Rs 48,290 in cash.
The apprehended individual along with the recovered items has been handed over to Diphupar police station for further investigation.
In another case, the security forces along with the state police launched an operation where it apprehended Bhawani Singh (28), a resident of Burma Camp at Dimapur District.
The forces recovered cases of liquor amounting to Rs 1.15 lakh (approx), two mobile phones and cash amount of Rs 2.7 lakh.
The arrested person along with the recovered items has also been handed over to the East police station in Dimapur for further investigation.
- Mon killing: Nagaland govt to write to Centre to repeal AFSPA
- 59 years after ’62 war: Tawang thrives despite tension at China border
- Manipur: Drugs worth Rs 5 crore seized in Tengnoupal, 3 arrested
- Arunachal women conferred with ‘Inspiring Woman Award’
- Nagaland Lottery December 7: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- Mon killing: Nagaland government calls off Hornbill festival