Shillong: Meghalaya on Thursday once again witnessed a surge in COVID-19 infections with 109 new cases taking the total active cases to 1,220.
Director of Health Services Dr Aman Warr informed that out of the 1,220 — 833 cases are alone from East Khasi Hills ( 173-Armed Forces/ Paramilitary and 600 others). West Khasi Hills 44, Ri- Bhoi 84, West Jaintia Hills 3, East Jaintia Hills 23, West Garo Hills 121, South West Garo Hills 3, South Garo Hills 21, East Garo Hills 83 and North Garo Hills 5.
Seventy-five people recovered on Thursday, taking the total number of recovered cases to 1393.
Sixty-nine people are undergoing treatment in the various government hospital for COVID-19. At NEIGRIHMS 10, Shillong Civil Hospital 25, Red Chest Hospital 16, Tura Civil Hospital 9, Ampati Civil Hospital 3 and Resubelpara 6.
The total samples sent for testing so far is 93,817, negative 90,516, results awaited approximately 675, and the number of entrants in the state stands at 33,009.
- Assam NCC cadet clears SSB, to join IAF as flying officer
- Are you wearing the right mask to prevent contracting Covid-19?
- Manipur tribal leader’s murder: Video shows abduction in police presence; 14 cops suspended
- Arunachal: Single-day recoveries outnumber fresh COVID-19 cases
- BTS and Coldplay release highly-anticipated track ‘My Universe’
- Tripura: Two BSF jawans killed, one injured following scuffle