Kohima: The Assam Rifles (AR) and the Nagaland Police (NP) in a joint operation raided a bottling plant at 7th Mile Model village in Dimapur on Wednesday.
An official update from Colonel Sanjiv Sethi PRO, HQ IGAR (N) said that 36-year-old Electo Sumi, a resident of 6th Mile in Dimapur district was arrested in the case.
Based on specific intelligence regarding the presence of illegal contraband in the general area 7th Mile Model village in Dimapur, Assam Rifles personnel and police launched the operation.
The recoveries made at the illegal bottling plant include 98 Burma teak, 107 cases of rum and packing materials. The operation was part of the ongoing crackdown by security forces to prevent unlawful activates in Nagaland.
The apprehended individual along with the recovered items, has been handed over to Chumoukedima police station and the Superintendent of Anti Smuggling Customs Prevention Division, Dimapur, for further investigation.
Below are some photos from the plant:
- Resilient gorillas reveal clues about overcoming childhood misfortune
- Dalai Lama congratulates Turkiye President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- Assam: Massive fire breaks out at Numaligarh refinery
- Meghalaya: Panel propose all-party stand on Roster system
- Guwahati: Panel to probe accident that killed 7 engineering students
- Tribal bodies demand President’s Rule in violence-hit Manipur