Kohima: Altogether 14 new cases of COVID-19 have been detected in Nagaland on Wednesday taking the total number of confirmed cases in the state to 4017.
Three frontline workers, five armed force personnel, four returnees and two persons through traced contacts have tested positive for COVID-19. Among the frontline workers, two are from Kohima and one is from Tuensang.
Among the armed force personnel, three are from Dimapur and one each is from Kohima and Mokokchung. WWhile all four returnees are from Dimapur, the remaining two persons through traced contacts are from Kohima.
Out of the total of 14 new cases, seven are from Dimapur, five are from Kohima and one each is from Tuensang and Mokokchung.
The current COVID-19 status in Nagaland is:
Besides the eight confirmed deaths of COVID-19, one death is COVID-19 positive but not due to COVID-19. Another three deaths are under investigation. All deaths reported in the state are from Dimapur. The mortality rate in Nagaland is 0.21%.
Overall, out of the total confirmed cases, a total of 1708 from the armed forces, 1272 returnees, 746 through traced contacts and 291 frontline workers have tested positive for COVID-19 in the state.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion