Aizawl: At least 8 people, including 6 security personnel, have tested positive for novel coronavirus in the last 24 hours in Mizoram, a health department official said on Wednesday.
The official said that the state’s Covid-19 caseload has risen to 1,020 of which 842 were males and 178 were females.
According to him, the new 8 cases were confirmed at Zoram Medical College (ZMC) and Vairengte by using Rapid Antigen Test.
While 7 cases were report from Aizawl district, 1 case was from Kolasib district, he said.
5 Assam Rifles and a Boder Security Force (BSF) jawan were among the new infected persons, he added.
According to the health department, the number of active cases now stands at 410, of which 40 are Assam Rifles personnel, 61 BSF jawans, 5 Army personnel and 1 CRPF jawan. 106 truckers are among active patients, the department said.
A total of 610 people, including 246 security personnel, have already recovered from the virus. The recovery rate for Mizoram stands at 59.80%.
Also Read: US not to join WHO-linked COVID-19 vaccine efforts
- Canine experts seek end to practice of using police dogs for VIP events
- How to get free spins at European Casino
- BJP destroyed railways by stopping practice of separate budget: Mamata
- All you need to know about getting free spins on card registration
- Sikkim lists ‘pharma-related’ products as part of One District One Product
- NEDA convener Himanta Biswa Sarma to visit violence-hit Manipur