Imphal: As many as 11 security escorts personnel of the former chief minister of Manipur, Okram Ibobi Singh, tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday.
However, as per the sources, samples of the Opposition Congress party leader and his family were tested by Babina Diagnostics Center and turned out to be negative for the disease.
Meanwhile, to contain the spread of COVID-19, various preventive measures like sanitisation was carried out at the Congress Bhawan on Wednesday morning, said the sources.
On Monday, leader of Congress Legislature Party (CLP) O Ibobi Singh had also attended the felicitation programme hosted by the party for Arunkumar Thangjam, the proprietor of Arun Enterprises, at the party office in Imphal.
Party members and other individuals who had attended the felicitation programme are directed to isolate themselves and get a COVID-19 testing as precautionary measure.
Meanwhile, as per the sources, few Congress MLAs have also underwent for testing for COVID-19 on Wednesday afternoon and awaited for the results.
Earlier, Congress MLA Md Fajur Rahim of Wabgai constituency had been reportedly recovered from the contagion virus. He is among the first elected legislator of the Manipur Legislative Assembly who tested positive for COVID-19 in the state.
- Two govt employees in Assam caught taking bribe, arrested
- Meghalaya attracted investment projects worth Rs 56 cr in FY21: study
- How cryptocurrency price collapse offers hope for slowing climate change
- BRO completes excavation of Nechiphu tunnel in Arunachal
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines renames road to India Drive
- Keep close watch on situation: Govt amid Monkeypox cases in Europe