Guwahati: Assam registered 2,684 new cases of COVID-19 out of 37,066 tests done on Monday. With these, the state’s coronavirus tally stands at 1,11,724 and positivity rate at 7.24%.
Of the new cases, 618 are from Kamrup (Metropolitan), 174 from Cachar, 157 from Dibrugarh and 141 from Jorhat.
Assam 9 patients succumbed to COVID related issues, taking the death toll to 315. The state’s mortality rate is at 0.28%. Informing about the deceased, health minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma said, “My deepest condolences to bereaved family & friends.”
Meanwhile, 1,434 patients were cured and dishcarged from across the state, with which the total number of recoveries reached 86,892. The recovery rate in Assam is currently at 77.77%.
The state’s cumulative COVID status is: total 1,11,724 cases, 86,892 discharged, 24,514 active cases, 315 deaths and 3 migrated to other states.
Meanwhile, the total number of coronavirus related tests conducted in the state is near 23 lakh mark. It is currently at 22,99,893 as per tests conucted till 11 pm last night, and the tests coducted per million population in Assam is at 67,066.
- Manipur: Guv La Ganesan opens 3rd session of 12th Legislative Assembly
- Green bonds, SLBs, MDBs in focus at Guwahati G20 meet on sustainable finance
- Rare rocks for Lord Ram idol reach Ayodhya from Nepal
- Confiscate assets of officers operating illegal coke plants: Meghalaya HC
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Now, Sikkim health minister MK Sharma resigns
- ‘Pathaan’ raises Rs 667 crore gross worldwide box office earnings in eight days