Meghalaya: The National president of the National People’s Party and Meghalaya chief minister, Conrad Sangma, laid the foundation stone for the new office headquarters of the party in Shillong on Tuesday.
The party also paid tributes to former chief minister of state, PA Sangma, on his 73rd birth anniversary on Tuesday.
The foundation stone laying ceremony was held in the presence of NPP State president and Rajya Sabha MP, Dr. WR Kharlukhi, DD Lapang, chief adviser, Government of Meghalaya, Baldith Sangma and the office bearers of the National Committee of the Party.
Sangma spoke about the loss of a senior person in politics – one who contributed a lot in the thought process and policymaking and a one minute silence was observed for the death of the former President of India, Pranab Mukherjee.
He also expressed how (L) Pranab Mukherjee and his father worked together for many years and how they held each other in high regard.
Sangma spoke about how the National People’s Party was very fortunate to gain the land for the construction of the new office and informed that construction is estimated to be completed within 12 to 14 months.
Referring to a story told by his father, the chief minister invited everyone to honour the “temple” as the day would be remembered as a great day in the years to come.
Sangma also stated that similar foundation stone laying ceremonies are being held in Tura and Imphal simultaneously.
- Northeast: Share a 2-minute video, show the world you are ‘Fit for Life’
- Assam BJP to enrol 18 lakh members
- PM CARES not government fund; works with transparency: HC told
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary