Imphal: A total of 2,987 samples were tested for COVID-19, of which at least 140, including 37 from the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF), returned positive.
A total of 1,55,216 samples have been tested in the state for COVID-19. 6,252 returned positive for the virus.
Of the 103 new cases from the general population, including 82 male and 21 female, 97 of them do not have travel history to other states, as per the latest data issued by COVID-19 Common Control Room.
They were confirmed tested positive from VRDL RIMS, VRDL JNIMS, Raj Medicity, Christian Hospital, Jiribam, Babina Diagnostics, Ukhrul, Thoubal, Churachandpur, Imphal East RAT and Chandel.
Six returnees from other states who have detected the virus are from Churachandpur (1), Senapati (3), Ukhrul (1) and Jiribam (1), informed additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Meanwhile, those 97 new cases with no travel history are from Imphal West (26), Imphal East (21), Thoubal (17), Ukhrul (7), Tengnoupal (11), Bishnupur (1), Kangpokpi (1), Jiribam (8), Churachandpur (4) and Chandel (1).
All of them have shifted to various COVID-19 care centres for further observation, it said.
Also, at least 91 more infected persons have recovered, with this the recovery rate in the state stands at 69.25 per cent.
A total of 4,330 people have recovered from the disease and 1,894, including 765 security personnel, remained as active cases in the state.
- Police in Bangladesh recovers Lord Vishnu’s black stone statue
- RS passes bill to amend Scheduled Tribe list relating to Arunachal
- NPF is now ‘opposition-less’: Nagaland deputy CM Y Patton
- Sikkim reports 184 new COVID-19 cases, 2 fatalities
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for August 5
- Mizoram, Assam agree to maintain peace along disputed border