Imphal: Arunkumar Thangjam from Wangkhei in Imphal West district joined the Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) on Monday.
As per reports, Thangjam, who is the proprietor of Arun Enterprises, will be contesting the 2021 state assembly election from Wangkhei assembly constituency.
He was felicitated by the MPCC leaders, including former chief minister and CLP leader Okram Ibobi Singh, at the Manipur Congress Bhawan in Imphal.
Also Read: Manipur political development: 5 former Cong MLAs join BJP in Delhi
- Manipur: Security forces continue combing operations for 2nd day
- Ties with China cannot progress without peace at border: Jaishankar
- Bengal panchayat polls to be held on July 8
- 2 Bangladesh border guards trespass into Meghalaya, threaten locals
- Manipur situation ‘peaceful’, centre okays Rs 101-cr package for displaced people
- One crore saplings to be planted on Gandhi Jayanti: Assam CM