Guwahati: Amid widescale protest, National Testing Agency (NTA) is all set to conduct the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2020 from September 1 to 6. The exams, earlier scheduled for April, got delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Around 8.67 lakh candidates have registered for the exams, and due to the COVID-19 situation, NTA has revised the list of items that are allowed inside the examination centre. Check details below.
What is allowed?
- Admit Card – all pages duly filled
- Government ID like Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License, etc.
- Additional photograph to be passed on the attendance sheet
- Personal hand sanitiser (50 ml) bottle. Also, sanitizers would be provided at the venue for students at multiple points
- Aspirants will allowed to carry a transparent water bottle inside the venue. The bottle must be clear and without any labels
- Simple transparent ball point pen. (Earlier NTA used to provide the pens at the exam centre. However, due to pandemic, NTA has permitted students to carry their own ball point pens, however, the body of the pen should be transparent and simple.)
What is not allowed?
- Electronic devices, mobile phones, jewelry, and other personal belongings are not allowed inside
- Handbags, shoes, footwear with thick soles, and garments with large buttons
- Rough sheets will be provided at the exam centre. Students are not allowed to carry them.