Agartala: A week after Tripura’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA tested positive, another party MLA Asish Kumar Saha was found infected with COVID-19, becoming the fourth legislator to test positive for the novel coronavirus.
Saha, who represents Bardowali assembly constituency, tested positive on Saturday.
“I had symptoms of COVID-19 and was tested for the virus on Saturday. My reports came positive for the virus. Currently, I am under home isolation and following all prescribed medication. I urge people who have come in contact with me in the last few days to get themselves tested,” Saha said.
Earlier, on August 22, another BJP MLA from Badharghat assembly Mimi Majumder and her family members had tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
BJP MLA Ramapada Jamatia was the first legislator to have tested positive for COVID-19 on July 22. Later, on August 1, IPFT MLA from Raimavalley assembly, Dhananjoy Tripura, was found injected with COVID-19.
Meanwhile, the COVID-19 media bulletin informed that currently, 340 persons are under facility quarantine, while 3,537 are under home quarantine.
So far, a total of 2,68,276 were tested and 11,323 persons have tested positive for the virus, with 98 deaths and 4,012 active cases so far.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31