La Liga on sunday confirmed that Lionel Messi can only leave Barcelona if his €700 million release clause is met. This means that the other clubs interested in Messi have to pay 700 million euros as the release clause.
This comes after Messi requested the Barcelona club board to leave the club last week. According to the clause in his contract allows Messi to leave the club at the end of each season but the clause expired in June.
Messi’s legal team is ready to dispute that he should be allowed to terminate his deal unilaterally since 2019-20 season being extended into August because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Messi is rumoured to be in touch with his former boss Pep Guardiola and are likely to be reunited.
Earlier on Sunday, Messi did not show up for Barcelona’s pre-season medical tests and training as he continues to find his way out of the club.
- Manipur: Another shelter home for Myanmar refugees in Churachandpur
- Education might not save you from cognitive decline: study
- Mizoram celebrates Palm Sunday
- Bhutanese King to visit India from April 3-5
- Home Minister Amit Shah shown black flag by Congressmen in Mizoram
- PM Modi condoles Salim Durani’s demise, says he made key contribution in world of cricket