La Liga on sunday confirmed that Lionel Messi can only leave Barcelona if his €700 million release clause is met. This means that the other clubs interested in Messi have to pay 700 million euros as the release clause.
This comes after Messi requested the Barcelona club board to leave the club last week. According to the clause in his contract allows Messi to leave the club at the end of each season but the clause expired in June.
Messi’s legal team is ready to dispute that he should be allowed to terminate his deal unilaterally since 2019-20 season being extended into August because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Messi is rumoured to be in touch with his former boss Pep Guardiola and are likely to be reunited.
Earlier on Sunday, Messi did not show up for Barcelona’s pre-season medical tests and training as he continues to find his way out of the club.
- Right to seek default’ bail indefeasible part of right to personal liberty: HC
- CoWIN can be customised, scaled up for health interventions: MEA official
- Sikkim reports 17 fresh COVID-19 cases, one new fatality
- Arunachal a goldmine for adventure tourism: Mountaineer Anshu Jamsenpa
- UP: Tension at Sankisa Buddhist pilgrimage site; saffron flag pulled down from temple
- India boosts firepower in forward areas along LAC in Arunachal sector