Imphal: Manipur on Sunday reported 152 new cases of COVID-19, including 101 with no travel history from the general population, taking the state’s overall tally to 6,112.
In the past 24 hours, 133 news cases were reported from the general population and 19 from the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), as per a latest report from the COVID-19 Common Control Room.
Of the latest cases from the general population, 32 are returnees belonging to Kakching (18), Ukhrul (6), Tengnoupal (4), Imphal East (2), Senapati (1) and Churachandpur (1) districts.
The remaining 101 cases with no travel history were reported from Imphal West (49), Imphal East (22), Thoubal (20), Kangpokpi (1), Chandel (1), Churachandpur (6), Bishnupur (2).
Meanwhile, another 53 infected persons were recovered and discharged from CAPF and various COVID-19 Care centres in the state. With this, the recovery rate is 69.35 per cent.
In the last 24 hours, no death related to the disease was reported in the state.
The total fatality due to COVID-19 in Manipur stands at 28.
Also, the cumulative number of recovered cases is 4,239 and active cases remain at 1,845 in the state.
- What happens if you need to pee while you’re asleep?
- Drivers in Mizoram repair dilapidated roads
- Keeping your cool in a warming world: 8 steps to help manage eco-anxiety
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel