Guwahati: COVID-19 pandemic claimed seven more lives in Assam on Sunday, announced health and family welfare minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Among the deceased, two each are from Golaghat, Kamrup (M) and Chirang and one from Cachar.
The deceased have been identified as Bidyadeep Bhuyan (48) and Kiran Bora (50) from Golaghat; Nipjyoti Baruah (48) and Md Sohrabuddin Ahmed (70) from Kamrup (Metro); Ramila Sutradhar (45) and Sachin Chandra Brahma (58) from Chirang; and Bhaskar Bijoy Gupta (50) from Cachar.
With this, the total death toll in the state increased to 296, while the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases the 1-lakh mark at 1,03,794, including 20,992 active cases.
On Saturday alone, the state registered 2,427 COVID-19 positive cases with Kamrup (M) at 459 cases, Dibrugarh at 177, Cachar at 158, and Jorhat at 136 cases.
- PIL filed in SC challenging Centre’s decision to ban BBC documentary
- UK PM Rishi Sunak sacks Tory party chief over tax penalty row
- Arunachal CM asks BJP workers not to allow ‘money culture’ during elections
- Widows of deceased employee entitled to family pension: Gauhati HC
- Assam: APDCL to hike power tariff by 50 paise per unit from February 1
- Sikkim to see rallies over SC verdict on Sikkimese Nepali