Guwahati: Assam recorded 2,560 new cases of COVID-19 out of 40,102 tests conducted on Friday. The cumulative figure of total reported cases in Assam crossed 100,000 mark to reach 101,367 cases of coronavirus infection.
Assam is the first state in Northeast to cross the 1 lakh mark. Currently, the state’s positivity rate is at 6.38%. Among the new cases, Kamrup (M) district accounted for 562 cases, Jorhat for 167, Cachar for 165, Dibrugarh for 139, Hailakandi for 135.
Meanwhile, 1,763 COVID patients were discharged, taking the total number of recoveries in Assam to 81,070.
Meanwhile, 8 succumbed to coronavirus related fatality, with which, the state’s death toll has risen to 286.
Health minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma tweeted about the deceased, he wrote, “Demise of 8 #COVID patients-Late Sabina Yasmin (38),S’sagar; Late Subarna Kr Gogoi (63),D’garh; Late Durgadhar Das (59),T’sukia; Late Harbinder Singh (49),K’rup M; Late Dipanjoli Kakati (67), Late Aman Paul (70),G’ghat, Late Mamoni Boruah (45), D’garh; Late Manik Das (80),K’rup R.”
The overall COVID situation in Assam is 101,367 reported cases, 81,070 discharged, 20,008 active cases, 286 deaths, and three migrated to other states.
- Manipur tribal leader’s murder: Video shows abduction in police presence; 14 cops suspended
- Arunachal: Single-day recoveries outnumber fresh COVID-19 cases
- BTS and Coldplay release highly-anticipated track ‘My Universe’
- Tripura: Two BSF jawans killed, one injured following scuffle
- Biden to host Indo-Pacific leaders as China concerns grow
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 24