The investigation into actor Rhea Chakraborty, “girlfriend” of deceased actor Sushant Singh Rajput, is set to lead to the arrest of two drug suppliers.
After Chakraborty’s WhatsApp chats led investigating agencies to a probable drug use and dealing angle, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) detained two suppliers and is likely to arrest the two players from a big narcotics network on Saturday.
Chakraborty is also being probes by CBI and ED in connection with the death of Rajput, on charges of abetment of suicide, blackmail and money laundering. Her family members are also being investigated, as Rajput’s father KK Singh had filed an FIR against them in Patna.
Sushant allegedly died by suicide on June 14; he was found dead in his Bandra apartment.
Chakraborty’s celebrity lawyer Satish Maneshinde had earlier clarified that she has never consumed drugs and is ready for a blood test to prove that.
Her role into usage of ‘bud’, a party drug which gives instant high, is being investigated. The contraband angle emerged when ED recovered deleted chats discussing drugs from her phone. The same was shared with NCB and subsequently, an FIR was filed.
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream
- Develop ALGs to start fixed-wing flight services in Arunachal: CM to Centre
- Tokyo logs record 5,042 new COVID-19 cases as infections surge amid Olympic Games
- Arunachal: Centre okays memorial for jawan who killed 79 Chinese soldiers in 1962 war
- Assam Gorkhas won’t be tried and prosecuted under the Citizenship Act
- Nagaland Assembly concerned over school ‘occupied’ by Assam Police 14 yrs ago